Re: GPO that forces users to use a proxy server.

From: Jason (security_at_brvenik.com)
Date: 10/30/04

    Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:17:25 -0400
    To: Danny <nocmonkey@gmail.com>

    If you want to force users to use a proxy from the office you have to
    deny direct access to the internet.

    Configure IE to "discover" proxy servers and disallow all access to the
    Internet that is not through the proxy server. There will be some
    exceptions that you might have to make however you will not be able to
    force the use of a proxy any other way.

    A quick google turned up this however there are other methods available
    if you continue searching.

    http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Configuring_Automatic_Discovery_for_ISA_Server_Clients.html

    Danny wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:27:31 -0700, Ryan Parrish
    > <ryanp@foxracing.com> wrote:
    >
    >> We are trying to implement a GPO that forces all users/computers to
    >> use a proxy sever for there internet access in the company, but
    >> have hit a snag. We have lots of laptop users that we found during
    >> testing when they take there laptops home they can access the
    >> internet using there own ISP since we set the policy to use a proxy
    >> server that is not available to the outside internet, thus they get
    >> no internet access. Has anybody dealt with this kind of situation
    >> before? Is there a way to set a GPO to only be active during
    >> business hours?
    >

    > How about using a seperate web browers, say Firefox, for use on the
    > road; when outside of the corporate LAN?
    >
    > ...D

    • RE: FTP Solution
      ... important thing to note is that WinInet FTP APIs do not work if Internet ... access is accomplished via CERN type proxy. ... WinInet API or add the "Proxy-Connection: ... Using FTP WinInet APIs in Visual Basic with SimpleFtp and how to enumerate ...
      (microsoft.public.vb.enterprise)
    • Re: ISA Server Problems, please help
      ... Based on the rules you have listed, SecureNAT clients should only be allowed ... The All access rule for SBS Internet Users ... Web Proxy and/or Firewall Client ... > header to the publishing server instead of the actual one. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: restricting mobile users internet access
      ... You said you had your proxy setup as a transparent proxy, ... Connect to VPN ... restricting mobile users internet access ... access the ISPs site to activate the your internet access account. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Internet Connection Error
      ... Try comparing the proxy settings for Firefox compared to Internet Explorer ...
    • RE: Group Policy Connundrum - Stick with it, its confusing!!!
      ... Applied Group Policy Objects ... Small Business Server Internet Connection Firewall ... Secure Proxy Server: 0.0.0.0:80 ... Import the current Content Ratings Settings: ...
      (Security-Basics)