GPO that forces users to use a proxy server.

From: Ryan Parrish (RyanP_at_foxracing.com)
Date: 10/28/04

    Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:27:31 -0700
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    We are trying to implement a GPO that forces all users/computers to use a proxy sever for there internet access in the company, but have hit a snag. We have lots of laptop users that we found during testing when they take there laptops home they can access the internet using there own ISP since we set the policy to use a proxy server that is not available to the outside internet, thus they get no internet access.
    Has anybody dealt with this kind of situation before? Is there a way to set a GPO to only be active during business hours?

    _-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_

    Ryan Parrish
    ryanp@foxracing.com
    IT Dept.
    408-776-8633 extension 1229
    Please direct all support questions to -
    (`..-> itsupport@foxracing.com

    _-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_-`-_

    • Re: GPO that forces users to use a proxy server.
      ... > Has anybody dealt with this kind of situation before? ... Is there a way to set a GPO to only be active during business hours? ... when outside of the corporate LAN? ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: HomeGameRoom.com???? - WARNING!
      ... >I have not dealt with that person, but I will lend you some ... I wasn't suspicious, the guy owned a legitimate looking business, I felt I could ... sounded a warning siren in my head (asking me to stick a Game Gallery sticker on ...
      (rec.games.pinball)
    • Re: Using GP to add exceptions to Windows Firewall
      ... configure or edit in the Small Business Windows Firewall GPO to avoid ... policy confliction. ... The policies in the closest GPO to the computers will ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Sign that Something else could be going on? (In addition to Fibro or instead of?)
      ... > Homosexuals couples want to be treated the same as Heterosexual ... It is none of my business what ... > not dealt with then it will happen again. ... punch I don't forgive and hold it over his head. ...
      (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
    • Re: Sign that Something else could be going on? (In addition to Fibro or instead of?)
      ... Well not that we are close friends, so this may not be my business to ... Homosexuals couples want to be treated the same as Heterosexual couples. ... If you have not dealt with this event it ... >>> no end he was gonna kill me himself instead of watching me try to kill ...
      (alt.med.fibromyalgia)