RE: Re: Remote connections

From: Jim Harrison (ISA) (jmharr_at_microsoft.com)
Date: 10/19/04

    Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:02:35 -0700
    To: "John Fleming" <jfleming@creativeventuresofboca.com>, "Laura Robinson" <larobins@verizon.net>, "GuidoZ" <uberguidoz@gmail.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    TSAC (or TSWEB) isn't "RDP tunneled through HTTP"; it's a web page that
    provides a home for an AX control that gets downloaded to the client.
    This AX control is a "stripped-down" RDP client that uses exactly the
    same protocol as mstsc.exe.

    Jim Harrison
    MCP(NT4/2K), A+, Network+
    Security Business Unit (ISA SE)

    "The last 10 years of Internet usage has disproven
    the theory that a million monkeys typing on a million
    typewriters would eventually produce the complete
    works of Shakespeare. ..or maybe it only works for
    typewriters..."
    (unclaimed)