RE: Re: Remote connections

From: John Fleming (jfleming_at_creativeventuresofboca.com)
Date: 10/19/04

    To: "'Laura Robinson'" <larobins@verizon.net>, "'GuidoZ'" <uberguidoz@gmail.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:03:46 -0400

    Aside from creating a VPN tunnel and then performing a Remote Desktop
    session, the only other secure way that I was taught, but never tested
    was through SSL.

    Aparently there is a Remote Desktop Web Connection feature that can be
    installed with IIS 6.0. This can act as a gateway to 2000 and 2003
    Server Terminal Services and XP and 2003 server Remote Desktop machines.
    You communicate through HTTP port 80 or SSL 443. Terminal Services Web
    Connection is installed on the web server to a Virtual Directory called
    TSWEB. It is supposed to act as a gateway between the client and
    terminal server. Like I said, I have never tried it, but would love to
    hear some input on it if anyone has.

    Regards,

    John