Re: Application sniffer

From: xyberpix (xyberpix_at_xyberpix.com)
Date: 09/22/04

    To: Schalk van der Merwe <Schalk.vanderMerwe@saoutsourcing.com>
    Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:58:27 +0100

    It all depends on how many hosts you have, but if it's over a 1000, then
    I'd recommend contacting Marimba http://www.marimba.com , and speak to
    them about their software discovery tool.

    xyberpix

    On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 17:13, Schalk van der Merwe wrote:
    > Dear All;
    >
    > I am looking for a tool that could scan a network and give a report on
    > installed applications. We have a large developer wing and the guys are
    > installing all sorts of applications on the PC. Does anyone know of
    > something that can do this?
    >

    > Kind Regards
    > Schalk vd Merwe
    >
    > SA Outsourcing Pty.(Ltd)
    > Work: 011 506 8600
    > Fax: 011 506 8666
    >

    > SA Outsourcing (PTY) LTD
    > For support email support@saoutsourcing.com or call 0861 7877678.
    > Disclaimer: This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the SA Outsourcing (PTY) LTD. It is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error,please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

    For Security and Open Source news:
    http://xyberpix.demon.co.uk

    • Re: Application sniffer
      ... couple years with decent success. ... > installed applications. ... > SA Outsourcing Pty. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Application sniffer
      ... > installed applications. ... > SA Outsourcing Pty. ... > SA Outsourcing (PTY) LTD ... Do you Yahoo!? ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Application sniffer
      ... Try Systems Management Server from Microsoft, ... inventory for all installed applications and help in patch management as ... > SA Outsourcing Pty. ... > intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)