Re: VBScript to audit shares and share permissions

From: H Carvey (keydet89_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/21/04

    Date: 21 Sep 2004 18:23:12 -0000
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) In-Reply-To: <023F6428A81E624D96927021F7A47DFB11025DF3@exchange2.info53.com>

    >I am looking for a VBScript that will return a list of shares of a given
    >computer, along with each share's share permissions and NTFS permissions...

    I don't have VBScript, but I do have Perl...which can be translated...
    http://patriot.net/~carvdawg/perl.html

    You'll want "share.pl"...

    HTH

    • RE: VBScript to audit shares and share permissions
      ... If you're not stuck on using a VBScript, ... VBScript to audit shares and share permissions ... If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, ... computer system. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: VBScript: OpenTextFile - Permission denied
      ... If the permissions are correct, you can also get the error ... >In a vbscript I attempt to concatenate textfiles: ... Runtime error in Microsoft vbscript ... >The properties close connection is set for datapump tasks ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
    • Re: VBS to set folder permissions
      ... Initially when we set up an automatic account generation system I was familiar with VB but hadn't really played around a great deal with VBScript, since then I do nearly everything in VBScript, but since the VB proggy which creates and sets the permissions on their personal directories works I've had no need to rewrite it. ... If not then I need to create the folder on the server and set the permissions correctly. ... but here is the problem: I need to set the folder permissions so that only the administrators group and that person in the AD have full access permissions and nobody else has no access to it. ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
    • Re: Re: allow printer installation
      ... > able to setup your users without permissions to their own C drives. ... > Most of my users have administrative rights on their local PCs ... I run inctrl5 as an Admin and then run the program, ... I use VBScript on my AD servers to reset passwords. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
    • the mapped home directory drive doesnt show - emergency request
      ... I am creating the users through a VBScript which creates a home folder, ... assigns the appropriate permissions and then maps the homedrive and home ...