Restrict Anonymous

From: Andrew Clelland (aclelland_at_rivermarkcu.org)
Date: 09/21/04

    To: "'focus-ms@securityfocus.com'" <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:02:51 -0700

    Good morning, I am curious about the Restrict Anonymous setting in Windows
    2000 Server. Our DC is Windows 2000 and we have some servers with 2003 and
    half of our workstations are Windows XP. Every evening the restrict
    anonymous key changes to a DWORD value of 2 (allow users with explicit
    anonymous permission) and denies users on Windows XP the chance to change
    their expired password. Does anyone know of a way to force this setting to a
    DWORD value of 1 (restrict anonymous Users) or make Windows XP work with the
    DWORD value of 2? Thanks in advance for your insight and I look forward to
    the responses.

     ~Andy

    • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #154
      ... MICROSOFT VULNERABILITY SUMMARY ... ISS RealSecure Server Sensor SSL Denial Of Service Vulnerabi... ... Roger Wilco Remote Server Side Buffer Overrun Vulnerability ... available for Microsoft Windows operating systems. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49
      ... Subject: SecurityFocus Microsoft Newsletter #49 ... Microsoft Windows NNTP Denial of Service Vulnerability ... Microsoft IIS SSI Buffer Overrun Privelege Elevation Vulnerability ... Microsoft ISA Server H.323 Memory Leak Denial of Service... ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
      ... acrobat cannot find external windows handler ... activesync cannot find exchange server ... aol internet explorer cannot find server ... brother network scanner cannot find pc ...
      (sci.geo.fluids)
      ... cannot find server or dns error ... windows cannot find null ... windows cannot find the network path ... cannot find internet explorer on computer ...
      (comp.protocols.snmp)
    • Questions Relating to Administering Windows 2000 Server
      ... installed the network client on the target computer. ... Sarah has been attempting to install Windows 2000 ... Server for two days. ... Sarah has checked the cables and hard drives. ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)