Restrict Anonymous

From: Andrew Clelland (aclelland_at_rivermarkcu.org)
Date: 09/21/04

    To: "'focus-ms@securityfocus.com'" <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:02:51 -0700

    Good morning, I am curious about the Restrict Anonymous setting in Windows
    2000 Server. Our DC is Windows 2000 and we have some servers with 2003 and
    half of our workstations are Windows XP. Every evening the restrict
    anonymous key changes to a DWORD value of 2 (allow users with explicit
    anonymous permission) and denies users on Windows XP the chance to change
    their expired password. Does anyone know of a way to force this setting to a
    DWORD value of 1 (restrict anonymous Users) or make Windows XP work with the
    DWORD value of 2? Thanks in advance for your insight and I look forward to
    the responses.

     ~Andy