Re: Hardening Desktop

From: DZiman aka UNik (UNik_at_mail.knastu.ru)
Date: 09/20/04

    Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:49:33 +1100
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    Hello balyfix,

    Saturday, September 18, 2004, 12:28:13 AM, you wrote:

    bti> Hello,

    bti> i need to hardening My windows 2000 desktop.

    bti> When a user log on to my machine, start IE with a particular
    bti> url and the user can' t :
    bti> 1: Use the keyboard
    bti> 2: use taskbar
    bti> 3: Redirect the browser on C:\

    bti> Is it possible ?

    bti> I read some where that is possible with the registry command,
    bti> but i want to know if there is a white paper.

    bti> Thanks very much

    bti> --Filippo

    bti> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bti> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Do you know about Group Policy?
    (mmc.exe -> Add/Remove Snap-in -> Add... -> Group Policy)
    There're many possibilities to harder your desktop over DOMAIN or
    local computer, like
    leting users run only allowed applications or replacing standart shell
    (explorer.exe) with your own.

    Also there is a eBook SYNGRESS - Windows 2000 Active Directory Second
    Edition, which can help you.

    --
    Best regards,
     DZiman                            mailto:UNik@mail.knastu.ru

    • RE: Hardening Desktop
      ... Make sure that when you're using GPO you are logged into two servers. ... bti> i need to hardening My windows 2000 desktop. ... Do you know about Group Policy? ... Also there is a eBook SYNGRESS - Windows 2000 Active Directory Second ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Hardening Desktop
      ... Kiosk" ... > i need to hardening My windows 2000 desktop. ... > When a user log on to my machine, ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Hardening Desktop
      ... i need to hardening My windows 2000 desktop. ... When a user log on to my machine, ... but i want to know if there is a white paper. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)