RE: ADSI question

From: c0ncept (c0ncept_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: 08/27/04

    Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:26:16 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Paul Aviles <paviles@adjoined.com>

     AFAIK it won't disable them; enabling strong
    passwords doesn't muck with the existing passwords, it
    essentially turns on a flag that causes the GUI /
    password API to reject non-strong passwords. This is
    analogous to checking your data integrity in an
    application instead of a database.
     We used a migration tool to upgrade our domain and
    migrate it into an existing forest at the same time.
    The existing forest had enabled strong passwords, but
    we hadn't on our domain. After the migration, our
    users could continue using their weak passwords, until
    the first time the password expired, then they were
    forced to choose a strong password.

    --- Paul Aviles <paviles@adjoined.com> wrote:

    > Arthur thanks,
    > Well, is for documentation purposes. For audit and
    > documentation
    > purposes it needs to be done. The client is on AD
    > already but if we
    > enable strong password doesn't that mean that all
    > the passwords that do
    > not meet the criteria get disabled? That has been my
    > experience in the
    > past..
    >
    > Thanks
    > -pa

    • RE: [Info-ingres] netutil and upgradedb
      ... The other files hold the installation password tickets and GCN cache ... > that restores my NET entries. ... >> I suspect that that is why upgradedb cant manage to upgrade the ... >> required passwords may have been lost in the mists of time. ...
      (comp.databases.ingres)
    • RE: Planning a Upgrade (5.2.1 --> 5.3)
      ... > Or is the encryption of passwords one way?? ... By the time 5.3 is released, there may be a method to upgrade ... This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan ... Please notify the sender immediately and delete the original e-mail from your system. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Where does Kopete keeps accounts info?
      ... I still have a problem: the passwords. ... |>I'm about to upgrade several desktops to new hardware, ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: ask EU - Smartphones
      ... their children's activities and to use Parental Controls and sensible ... passwords etc, rather than allow "the Guvverment" or commercial ... If the initial games was free, I would have let her have it. ... similar there may be a automatic upgrade option. ...
      (uk.media.radio.archers)
    • RE: Simple passwords and Trusts
      ... It will be fine after you upgrade the currect domain to Windows Server 2003 ... The trust and password policy will remain the same. ... | Thread-Topic: Simple passwords and Trusts ...