RE: Windows 2000 Administrator lockout

From: Anthony Mendoza (amendoza_at_Niku.com)
Date: 08/16/04

    Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 07:54:14 -0700
    To: "Robert Ritchey" <rritchey@eods.com>

    You can try this:

    http://www.grape-info.com/doc/win2000srv/security/ntpasswd.html

    I've used it to recover passwords for local accounts on systems and it
    is possible it'll work on a domain controller, but I have never needed
    to do that.

    NIKU 2004 GLOBAL USER CONFERENCE: Please join us in San Francisco
    during September 27-29 for dozens of sessions delivered by users, Niku and
    others. Plus you will have an opportunity to join others from your industry at
    organized Industry Forums. And we're hosting an Extravaganza the last
    night, an opportunity to enjoy excellent food and drink with all of the conference
    attendees. Visit www.niku.com for more information.

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message and
    or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
    addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
    review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, or other use of this
    prohibited. If you received this e-mail or its attachments in error, please
    contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy
    any copies.

    • Re: no network access from workstations
      ... group on that computer is what you expect and change any administrator passwords ... being sure new passwords are complex. ... using weak passwords and no firewall or misconfigured firewall, ... > I have a Windows 2000 server in a peer to peer network. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
    • Re: Windows 2000 Administrator lockout
      ... install OS on the first drive. ... >Subject: Windows 2000 Administrator lockout ... >When the network was built whoever built the server installed everything ... >Nobody knows any of the passwords for anything on the system. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: Windows 2000 Administrator lockout
      ... I know this is probably what you don't want to hear but, I would format the ... Subject: Windows 2000 Administrator lockout ... When the network was built whoever built the server installed everything ... Nobody knows any of the passwords for anything on the system. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: How to find whether a master or member server
      ... You can not export passwords from the users in a file. ... reinstalling that onto a test server which crashes, ... manager the Recipients update service to the new Domain controller, ... To make a member server a DC you have to run dcpromo, ...
    • RE: Windows 2000 Administrator lockout
      ... The network that I have is rather small. ... There has been no administrator working there ... When the network was built whoever built the server installed everything ... Nobody knows any of the passwords for anything on the system. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)