ISA/VPN comparison

From: Middleton, Marc A. (Marc.Middleton_at_Visalign.COM)
Date: 07/29/04

    Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:25:52 -0400
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    I have a client who is currently running checkpoint 4.1 firewall (pre-AI). The VPN ports have been opened to allow employees access from home/other sites via the built in VPN client in XP. This works fine from most home routers/gateways. However from many of the more secure client sites, the MS VPN has issues with NAT tranversal through the more hardened firewalls without being given a static IP inside the client site. Will ISA do a better job of this or would an upgrade to the latest version of checkpoint be recommended? The current version of checkpoint's VPN will connect with no issue through the hardened firewalls without issue in the tests I have done, but I want to make the best recommendation.