Re: Windows Update v5 and XPSP2RC2

From: Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP] (sbradcpa_at_pacbell.net)
Date: 07/27/04

    Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 22:14:36 -0700
    To: ssgill@gilltechnologies.com

    What A/V are you running? Trend pccillian and Trend Officescan at the
    office doesn't mind it one bit [and yes, it goes without saying that
    when I'm yanking RC versions on and off, I'm either behind a firewall or
    totally not connected to the internet. :-)

    And yes, while I have been "warned" many a time, I never have had issues
    with programs functioning even though I've installed them under one
    build, pulled the build off and applied the next one.

    Susan

    --
    http://www.sbslinks.com/really.htm

    • Trend Experts
      ... I need 15 users on Trend Officescan. ... Can I get a 5 and a 10 license and ... Install them together or am I forced to get a 25 pack? ... Frank McCallister ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Need help saving computer
      ... > I am trying to clean up and fix my cousin's girlfriend's computer. ... > This machine is a Dell Dimension with an OEM install of XP Home. ... Post-SP2 Windows Firewall Information/guidance: ... How to Manually Uninstall Norton: ...
    • Re: IE will not access HTTPS sites Suddenly
      ... Ok...you installed a trial of Acrobat 7, and still had an earlier version of ... As for the problem accessing secure sites, see if anything here will help ... Uninstall MSN Messenger from the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel ... install Reader just to access .pdf files. ...
    • Re: ?for an MVP regarding dot Net updates recieved today repeating the
      ... I could not uninstall any .NET installation (missing ... Also you need to keep the 3 versions of .net framework on your computer ... The steps from Microsoft Security Tech Support and from Aaron Stebner's ... NOT try to install that update. ...
    • RE: Cannot Install Windows Media Player 11 beta
      ... Reg Parser: Obtained value 'setup' for attribute 'TYPE'. ... Obtained value 'Windows Media Format Runtime provides efficient ... install, and uninstall capabilities for Windows Media Player. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)