Re: Windows Update v5 and XPSP2RC2

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers (bugtraq_at_planetcobalt.net)
Date: 07/26/04

    Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:36:23 +0200
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    On 2004-07-23 blake.securityfocus@andromedia.ca wrote:
    > In the (regrettable) absence of group policy, one could probably use
    > something like PSExec (from the PSTools package:
    > http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psexec.shtml) to load a
    > .REG file remotely.

    No need for that. reg.exe can be used against remote computers.

    Regards
    Ansgar Wiechers

    --
    "Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety
    deserve neither liberty nor safety, and will lose both."

    • Re: Film review
      ... Hmm, forecast still says 29 tomorrow, but definite ... my legs will fire for a D grade debut tomorrow. ... Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ...
      (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
    • Re: Windows 98 box is owned
      ... I would say a live analysis should be sufficent in your case. ... Running strings against the files may give some additional pointers. ... "Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Fwd: Re: [SLE] DHCP problems using cable modem
      ... Dylan, ... servers and search list via DHCP." ... > temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor ... temporary safety, ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Alan J Flavell, RIP
      ... May Bank Holiday weekend, when I'll have three full days available to me, and only one-half of one of them likely to be spent out and about, drinking and carousing and singing out-of-tune and watching May Day morris dancers, and only one of them my birthday. ... that'll be my birthday present to myself. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety ...
      (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
    • Re: BBC2 Dylan Interview - amazing archival footage
      ... Most Christmases, I go the generic charity card shop in town and pick out a fair number of packs of Huntington's Chorea cards for Woody's sake. ... They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety ...
      (uk.music.folk)