Re: Microsoft Audit Collection System

From: Mike Lyman (mikelyman-security_at_comcast.net)
Date: 07/20/04

    Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:55:03 -0500
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    travis.abrams@hklaw.com wrote:

    > I have "played" with the Release Candidate and I like it. It was a
    > little complicated in getting it setup. One thing I recently found out
    > is that MS is not creating a front-end application to query the data. So
    > you will have to create one or purchase one from another vendor.

    Since it reports to SQL Server you should have Query Analyzer available.
    Another good way to work it is creating view that you can routinely pull
    into Excel for its filtering ability.

    In three or four years working with IDSes, Query Analyzer and views
    imported to Excel proved to be better tools than any of the IDS
    GUIs/Consoles.

    --
    Mike Lyman, CISSP
    mikelyman-security@comcast.net

    • Re: Timeout Expired (0x80040E31)
      ... Running the same INSERT query in the query analyzer works just fine. ... "Val Mazur" wrote in message ... >>> Microsoft MVP ...
      (microsoft.public.vb.database.ado)
    • Re: Prevent deletion or update of multiple rows
      ... my concern is that we sometimes have users that will open up SQL Query ... be corrected and we do not have the front-end to correct these ... mistakes, we pop open the query analyzer and run the query ...
    • Re: Backup Database! this is really interesting!!
      ... Try this from Query Analyzer: ... But the myserver is the ... > windows explorer from another computer on LAN. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
    • Re: Problem using LIKE in a command object
      ... the method that builds the query, so that's where "key" comes from in my code. ... >> I'm trying to use a select command as the CommandText of an ADO.NET ... >> Dim dr as SqlDataReader ... >> it's enclosed in single quotes (like it would be in the Query Analyzer ...
    • Re: Problem using LIKE in a command object
      ... > works like a champ in Query Analyzer - just not in my code! ... >>> I'm trying to use a select command as the CommandText of an ADO.NET ... >>> it's enclosed in single quotes (like it would be in the Query Analyzer ... >>> BBM ...