Windows Update v5 and XPSP2RC2

From: fIrestOrm (dskw_86_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/18/04

    Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 01:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    Hi all,
    I just recently accessed the windows update website
    and was prompted to install additional software in
    order for my XP system to utilize v5 of WindowsUpdate.
    After I installed it, it automatically started
    downloading XP-SP2-RC2. I couldn't cancel the download
    as it was deemed a 'Critical Update'. Now, SP2RC2 is
    already residing on my system, and since I have no
    wish to install a beta software, how do I tell
    WindowsUpdate that i do not wish to update the
    downloaded file?
    On a related note, where does WindowsUpdate save the
    downloaded file? I would like to send the file over to
    my friend who is interested in SP2RC2 but he has no
    Internet access. If I can find the file, I would like
    to burn a copy on CD for him.
    Thanks in advance for any input given!

    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail