Re: Consumer Security Web Site

From: Gene Cronk (gcronk_at_trsg.net)
Date: 06/28/04

    Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:52:24 -0400
    To: David Harper <david.harper@thermon.com>

    Perhaps a mention that CERT is recommending people not use IE?

    http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/323070
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06/28/cert_ditch_explorer/

    Instructions on downloading FireFox or Mozilla, and installing the flash
    and Java plugins for those OSes would be a bonus. Using either the
    Mozilla mail client or Thuderbird would be a recommendation here, as
    well, since they both have built-in spam filtering capabilities.

    In addition to spam, perhaps some info on urban ledgends...

    Not so much a security related issue, but could save them headaches down
    the road....Instructions on clearing out cookies and cache would
    probably be helpful as well.

    HTH

    --
    Gene Cronk - CISSP, NSA-IAM (gcronk@trsg.net)
    The Robin Shepherd Group -- Systems Administrator