RE: Search NTFS share permissions
Date: 05/22/04

    Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 19:19:01 +0200

    Seems I haven't been exactly, though.

    I don't want to check for shares all over the network or of a server. I want to search permission of NTFS objects. E.g. I have the following directory tree and permission set to groups - grp_usersA

    =>perm: grp_usersA (full),grp_usersB(RX)

    =>perm: grp_usersA (RX),grp_usersB(full)

    =>perm: Administrators (full)

    Managing a large file server it really hard to find what permissions are set for a given user/group. I'm not looking for all permission I'm just looking for permissions a user/group has all over the file server/NTFS directory tree.

  schrieb am 19.05.04 23:33:40:

    Not sure exactly what your looking for, but I threw together some script files
    which checks the shares of all network Windows machines and lists the share
    permissions of them in a text file:;action=display;threadid=181

    HFX International Org.

    currently I'm looking for tools to search NTFS share permissions (by group or by
    I've been testing superCACLS (pracl) and SecurityExplorer by smallwonder. Seems
    like those tools could do what I'm looking for.
    Are there any other cheap or even free tools can search share permissions? How
    about *nix/Linux tools?

    • Re: Can not use network shares on Server 2003 standard edition wit
      ... Okay, I think that it is a permissions and or security issue, although I can ... The physical network topology, is working fine. ... are getting DCHP internal IP addresses, the Server has 2 NIC's which are ... passwords currently match the server's Users and passwords ...
    • Re: Users cant log in to sharted directory
      ... is a security issue as well, as the network is at a school for disruptive ... Apologies if this is going over old ground, but this server admin stuff is ... The shared directory has ... Permissions for the users directories is set as user/Administrator/full ...
    • Re: finding folders with "write" permission
      ... If you prefer to copy the NTFS and Share permissions to the new server, ... Copy all the data from the old file server to target file server. ...
    • Re: write with cURL
      ... execute permissions. ... of potential security risks from other users on the same server. ... I made this suggestion because their web host appears to run Apache ... risk to allow Apache's group write access, since all PHP scripts ran ...
    • RE: Windows 2003 Server - Everyone Group
      ... this folder only accessable by the users in the "special" group. ... Configure User and Group Access on an Intranet in Windows Server ... NTFS files system permissions control ... group that you want to set permissions for, click Check Names to verify the ...