IE questions

From: Andy Pham (apham2575_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/29/04

    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:53:58 -0700

    Hello,

    I'm not sure if my first email went thru or it's stuck somewhere because of
    the wrong email address. Anyway, we're currently blocking ActiveX,
    JavaScript and active scripting in IE. It has been working ok for us, but
    we heard a lots of complains because the users couldn't get to the sites
    that require ActiveX turn on (most of commercial sites). So my questions
    are

    What are the risks of turn everything on in IE? Is staying current with
    service packs help? Is there any work around if we decide to keep
    ActiveX...off? Any suggestions are appreciated.

    AP

    p.s: And I don't want to go with Mozilla browser....