Re: Active Directory Question

From: Tomasz Onyszko (t.onyszko_at_w2k.pl)
Date: 01/12/04

    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:24:11 +0100

    Simon Taplin wrote:

    > Is is possible to setup a policy on Win2000 Active Directory whereby you can
    > use wildcards to deny users access to running certain programs, for example
    > blocking userss running setup*.*

    No, it is not possible, but You can always use command line tools with
    asterisk to set appropriate ACL's on this files :), or list this files and
    create GPO entries with ACL in some semi automated way.

    --
    Tomasz Onyszko - T.Onyszko@w2k.pl
    http://www.w2k.pl

    • Re: SIMH Altair simulator question
      ... Any Idea why READ.COM doesn't work with wildcards? ... READ V-2.23 SIMH Interface V003 ... Here is the correct syntax for command R: ... R can list files (because it prints filenames) but can't open them. ...
      (comp.os.cpm)
    • Re: D70 and Histogram
      ... > wildcard problems with the DCRAW command line raw converter which is ... the wildcards aren't processed by the ... OS, but would be passed directly to perl, expecting perl to expand ... short BASIC program that can create the batch files that would ...
      (rec.photo.digital)
    • Re: vim: loading in subdirectories
      ... The program sees exactly what you type on the command line. ... my final solution I'm currently working with are .bat files I'm now using to start up vim. ... They rely on the fact that winXP's "dir"-command can use wildcards on filenames and has a /s - switch making it recurse into subdirectories, in addition the /b - switch is needed to get just the list of filenames without any additional noise. ... Convert it to a windows batch file with the pl2bat utility which comes with the ActivePerl distribution. ...
      (comp.editors)
    • Re: Excercices
      ... >> command line to the program. ... >> prefer a preprocessing of this information by the shell, ... you can use either of the two wildcards the ... Enclosing an argument in double quotation marks suppresses the wildcard ...
      (alt.lang.asm)
    • Re: Un-erasable folder
      ... >> Since the folder/file name has a space character within it, ... >> enclose the entire filename (including the path if you are not in its ... Like the former deltree command. ... >> The rd command won't let us use wildcards but insists that we type the ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)