RE: Windows 2000 Server hardening

From: Laura A. Robinson (larobins_at_bellatlantic.net)
Date: 10/14/03

    To: "'Stewart, Jack'" <Jack.Stewart@tyson.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:50:35 -0400

    Yup. Do what you've already been doing- block ports at the firewall, disable
    unnecessary services, patch machines and wait for another patch soon, I'd
    wager.

    Laura

    ms_031006

    This email, and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
    solely for the use of the addressee. This email may contain information
    protected by attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended
    addressee, then you have received this email in error and that any use,
    dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly
    prohibited.

    Tyson Foods, Inc. will not be held liable to any person resulting from the
    use of any information contained in this email. Tyson Foods, Inc. will not
    be liable to any person who adds or deletes information contained in this
    email, and will not be held liable to any person as a result of any
    additions or deletions of information originally contained in this email.

    Visual & Easy-to-use are not words that you think of when talking about
    network analyzers. Need to share problem information with colleagues that
    do not read packets?

    Download ClearSight Networks Analyzer and see a new network analysis tool
    that makes the complex - easy
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ClearSightNetworks_focus-ms_031006

    Visual & Easy-to-use are not words that you think of when talking about
    network analyzers. Need to share problem information with colleagues that
    do not read packets?

    Download ClearSight Networks Analyzer and see a new network analysis tool
    that makes the complex - easy
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ClearSightNetworks_focus-ms_031006

    • RE: Windows 2000 Server hardening
      ... > Web-based reference is preferred, but a book would be useful ... > network analyzers. ... Download ClearSight Networks Analyzer and see a new network analysis tool ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: Windows 2000 Server hardening
      ... It's a pretty holistic book, ... I notice you mention the Windows Security Resource Kit here. ... > network analyzers. ... Download ClearSight Networks Analyzer and see a new network analysis tool ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: Tool for 026/ 039
      ... "Don't lose sight of security. ... network analyzers. ... Download ClearSight Networks Analyzer and see a new network analysis tool ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: RPC Scan Issues
      ... appropriate service port behind a firewall? ... network analyzers. ... Download ClearSight Networks Analyzer and see a new network analysis tool ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)