RE: Disabling sharing and group policies

From: Matthew Wagenknecht (Matthew.Wagenknecht_at_quantum.com)
Date: 09/12/03

    To: "'Ansgar Wiechers'" <bugtraq@planetcobalt.net>, focus-ms@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:15:07 -0600

    Nope. It's not an "application-compatability" issue.. I am much more
    experinced than to fall for that as well. It's a political thing.. I
    remember something in Windows 95 user policies that would allow you to
    disble the ability to share folders per user. I hoped something like that
    would have been carried over to Group Policies.. Thanks for everyones
    comments.. =c)

    Matt Wagenknecht, CISSP, MCSE
    Security Administrator

    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic.

    This email may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole
    use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
    the sender and delete all copies of this email message.