Re: Disabling sharing and group policies

From: Ansgar Wiechers (bugtraq_at_planetcobalt.net)
Date: 09/10/03

    Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 22:46:08 +0200
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    On 2003-09-10 Matthew Wagenknecht wrote:
    > I'm looking for a solution to keep honest people honest.. I will be
    > monitoring the network for Everyone shares. If I find any, I will know
    > that it was intentional to circumvent the Group Policy. That way I
    > don't have to deal with "I didn't know any better".. I'm not looking
    > for a DoD implementation.

    I still don't see why you won't remove your users from the local
    administrators' group and spare yourself the trouble. Please don't give
    me that old "our applications require this" crap. I haven't run into a
    single application that couldn't be persuaded to run with reduced
    privileges.

    Regards
    Ansgar Wiechers

    KaVaDo provides the first and only integrated Web application scanner and
    firewall security suite that prevent Web applications attacks, the most
    common form of online exploitation. Download a FREE whitepaper on Security Policy Automation for Web Applications.
    http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/KaVaDo_focus-ms_030818

    • RE: DCOM patch + Exchange
      ... >firewall security suite that prevent Web applications attacks, ... Security Policy Automation for Web Applications. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: DCOM patch + Exchange
      ... We don't run exchange, but doesn't it use port 445 or something like ... Security Policy Automation for Web Applications. ... firewall security suite that prevent Web applications attacks, ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Patch testing
      ... servers but not to recreate every type of server in the enterprise (dc, ... >firewall security suite that prevent Web applications attacks, ... Download a FREE whitepaper on Security Policy Automation for Web Applications. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: ASP.NET projects, VSS & IIS 6
      ... implementation of VSS for web applications? ... > honest, I dont think it works anything like SourceSafe at ... > question belongs in. ...