DCOM patch + Exchange

From: Tim Mektrakarn (tim_at_loudpacket.com)
Date: 08/14/03

    Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:48:33 -0700
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    Anyone experience any problems with the DCOM patch and the ability for external users to connect to a patched exchange server? Internal users have no problems.

    Tim

    • Re: authentication internal vs external
      ... I have done that already and that works for the external users but then ... >> SSL) and that fixed the external access but now the internal users have to ... I tried checking both integrated windows authentication ... >> domain credentials internally and externally they only have to enter their ...
    • Re: Force user to use outlook and custom organizational form
      ... Internal users need to see the custom user ... > properties, while external users ... If you want a smart answer, ask a smart question ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.development)
    • External and Internal accesses for the WSS sites
      ... Our WSS site could be accessed by two types of guys. ... Internal users want to access the sites by the NTLM credentials. ... and the external users will be prompted for the user name and the ... Regards, ...
    • Combined Authentication Schemes
      ... I have a website that is accessed both by external users ... and internal users. ... seems to challenge for the Win2K credentials. ... would like to use Forms Authentication to make sure this ...
    • Re: DCOM patch + Exchange
      ... > external users to connect to a patched exchange server? ... A third party DCOM application is broken by this patch. ... Download a FREE whitepaper on "Security Policy Automation for Web ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)