monitor folders

From: shsaad (shsaad_at_ismailia.ie-eg.com)
Date: 07/28/03

    Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:11:47 +0200
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    Hello ,

    please guys help me in doing this , I have 3 folder which contains subfolders with large No. of document , I shared these folders on the network and publish it as
    FTP site & Web site with user name and password , now my manager asks me to monitor how is doing what on these folders , i.e. if someone try to copy the
    contents the program which I ask you will monitor this event and will not going to do any thing except generate e-mail to the provided mail administrator , and also
    any one accessing these folders by a given user name and password will be monitored on spot real time , So please advise on how can I monitor folders on windows
    2000 server .

    Ps: this server is published directly to the internet .

    Your network firewall and IDS products do not prevent Web application
    attacks - the most common form of online exploitation- resulting in Web
    defacement, data theft, sabotage and fraud.
    KaVaDo is the only company that provides a complete suite of Web
    application security products.
    Download a FREE whitepaper on "Security Policy Automation for Web
    Applications":http://www.securityfocus.com/Kavado-focus-ms

    • Re: Question about monitoring in SBS2K3 Prem. vs. SBS2K
      ... The fact that the Server Status snap-in has been ... useless Health Monitor. ... > Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... > This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: SBS 2003 Extended Server usage Report
      ... Health Monitor and Performance Monitor are different tools. ... Health Monitor is a service in Small Business Server 2000 or Small Business ... help to gather information for reporting. ... Click Server Usage Report and click Edit. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Health Monitor
      ... I see that health monitor is installable from the SBS CD's and it does give ... monitor can be installed on member server and get performance reports. ... we can not install the health monitor on the member ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: Question about monitoring in SBS2K3 Prem. vs. SBS2K
      ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Health Monitor 2.1 is integrated to SBS 2003. ... >Health Monitor 2.1 monitors the health of computers running Windows Server ... >changes the state of its data collector. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: RWW Timing
      ... Thanks for using the SBS newsgroup! ... I understand that you want to monitor when and how ... First I would like to explain how RWW works when a remote client connects ... to an internal Windows XP or Terminal Server computer. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)