Re: Biometric fingerprint scanner

From: Mac Schwarz (mac.schwarz_at_humanscan.de)
Date: 07/19/03

    Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:46:58 +0200
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    afzal_khan@acml.com wrote:

    > I'm in the process of testing biometric fingerprint scanners in XP/AD
    >
    > environment along with business apps (e.g. trading, market data, and other
    >
    > in-house apps) as well as VPN/Mail/Enterprise Systems. Does anyone have
    >
    > any test scripts/test scenarios that can be shared. Alternatively, can
    >
    > anyone point me to any source for this? Greatly appreciate your time and
    >
    > any assistance. Thanks so much!
    >

    > Afzal Khan
    >
    > Alliance Capital Management
    >
    > 212-887-3000

    There's been a test of biometric devices including fingerprint scanners
    in the german computer magazine c't. You can find the article "Body
    Check. Biometric Access Protection Devices and their Programs Put to the
    Test" at the URL

    http://www.heise.de/ct/english/02/11/114/

    It's only about the devices and not about the integration with
    apllications or AD.

            mac