Re: CIFS Security

From: jay dave (suny_student_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/15/03

    To: keydet89@yahoo.com, focus-ms@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:05:59 -0400

    Thank you :)
        I did try that out the first thing. I was particularly interested in
    some classified information that could be shared on a knowledgeable list
    like this. Guess my question was framed in a rather lousy manner. "Can any
    one suggest some source or information regarding the security
    vulnerabilities in the CIFS Protocol?". I figure out that "Confidentiality"
    or "integrity" doesn't form a core part of CIFS and it rather depends on
    some mechanism above or below in in the protocol stack. Does any one know
    of the latest developments to address these problems?

    Regards,
    Jay Dave