Re: CIFS Security

From: Harlan Carvey (keydet89_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/14/03

    Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 06:10:13 -0700 (PDT)
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=CIFS+%2B+security

    --- jay dave <suny_student@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am conducting a security analysis of CIFS
    > protocol. I am particularly
    > interested in knowing the security vulnerabilities
    > of the protocol. Can
    > anyone please comment on the current security
    > status.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Regards,
    > Jay...

    > STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months
    > FREE*

    http://sbc.yahoo.com

    • Re: Protocol Analysis
      ... Subject: Protocol Analysis ... Concerned about Web Application Security? ... testing and vulnerability management needs. ... most comprehensive solutions to meet your application security penetration ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • [fw-wiz] UNSUBSCRIBE
      ... (Paul D. Robertson) ... > fixup protocol icmp error ... >> isn't about the security properties of the control, ... errors in the firewall, configuration errors, and it then takes physical ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: 802.11i
      ... Access" and it is security "system" for wireless networks that employs ... While TKIP "Temporal Key Integrity Protocol" is actual protocol under ... safer to communicate using RC4 stream cipher, ... But that is WPA v1., which is done to be as an enhancement ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Ambiguities in TCP/IP - firewall bypassing
      ... T/TCP does indeed require multiple flags to be set ... simultaneously, however, it's also not a proven protocol. ... There's also a clear security issue with allowing one side of the ... standard TCP/IP it's relatively easy to spoof the source IP for the SYN ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: how to secure my computer
      ... You can encrypt everything in IRC as ... well as in MSN, and there are ways to guarantee authenticity. ... which protocol you use to transmit your data. ... so they don't possibly have some ancient security problem. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)