AW: Question about windows service

From: Jens Mickerts (j.mickerts_at_bmp-si.de)
Date: 06/26/03

    Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:34:40 +0200
    To: <donnyzheng@nets.com.sg>, <FOCUS-MS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM>

    Hi,

    The service is crashed, so it is probably still running (you can use task manager to verify that), but cannot be controlled by the service control manager, so you cannot stop or start the service.
    There are two possible solutions:

    1. Reboot the machine
    2. Kill the executable using pview (NT Reskit) or a similar tool

    Regards,

    Jens Mickerts

    #04-01/06 Central Plaza
    Singapore 168730
    http://www.nets.com.sg

    IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email and any files transmitted with it is
    intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed, and
    may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
    disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
    please immediately notify the sender and delete the email. Thank you.

    • RE: NTFRS-Error, Event-ID 7011
      ... errors 'Service Control Manager, 7011' in event viewer from some days. ... please kindly understand that these event errors 'Service Control ... Microsoft Customer Support Services via telephone so that a dedicated ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: windows error messages
      ... Event Source: Service Control Manager ... The Fast User Switching Compatibility service was successfully sent a start control. ... You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Control Panel, ...
    • Re: One server fail to start
      ... anything that happened before the ISA Control service failure. ... Event Source: Service Control Manager ... The Microsoft ISA Server Control service hung on starting. ... The Microsoft Firewall service depends on the Microsoft ISA Server Control ...
      (microsoft.public.isa.enterprise)
    • [Full-Disclosure] Re: Internet Explorer URL obfuscation.
      ... You can only show a page you do not control as coming from a location you control, might as well use frames for that. ... Above code should do the same as Graeme Stewart's origional code but the window needed to obfuscate the URL is closed as soon as the targetted site is opened... ... > correctly in FireFox (i.e. the address bar does update). ... > entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Internet Explorer URL obfuscation.
      ... You can only show a page you do not control as coming from a location you control, might as well use frames for that. ... Above code should do the same as Graeme Stewart's origional code but the window needed to obfuscate the URL is closed as soon as the targetted site is opened... ... > correctly in FireFox (i.e. the address bar does update). ... > entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. ...
      (Bugtraq)