AW: Question about windows service

From: Jens Mickerts (j.mickerts_at_bmp-si.de)
Date: 06/26/03

    Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:34:40 +0200
    To: <donnyzheng@nets.com.sg>, <FOCUS-MS@SECURITYFOCUS.COM>

    Hi,

    The service is crashed, so it is probably still running (you can use task manager to verify that), but cannot be controlled by the service control manager, so you cannot stop or start the service.
    There are two possible solutions:

    1. Reboot the machine
    2. Kill the executable using pview (NT Reskit) or a similar tool

    Regards,

    Jens Mickerts

    #04-01/06 Central Plaza
    Singapore 168730
    http://www.nets.com.sg

    IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email and any files transmitted with it is
    intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed, and
    may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
    disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
    please immediately notify the sender and delete the email. Thank you.