How to block users from installing other apps

From: Jane Han (janehan22_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/25/03

    Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:21:54 -0700 (PDT)
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    Due to several customized inhouse applications, the
    users need to be local aministrator to lauch the
    applications.  Since most users are local
    admin, they can download and install applications such
    as games, AOL instant messages...from internet.

    Is it possible to block users from installing
    applications through Group Policy in this case?  or
    disable internet explorer?

    Any solutions or suggestions?

    Thanks in advance,
    Jane

    http://sbc.yahoo.com

    • Re: How to block users from installing other apps
      ... I guess the best easiest way is to allow only signed applications and only ... How to block users from installing other apps ... SBC Yahoo! ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • IE Settings
      ... My ISP used to be SBC Yahoo, ... When I try to use the online help ... feature on some pc applications it tries to connect using the old SBC Yahoo ...