Search for files and folders fails

mae_at_ium.no
Date: 06/25/03

    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:43:23 +0200

    Hi,
    I have a search problem. My users cant search for files and folders on my
    SAN. The problem is on both W2k Pro boxes and WinXP. The users have all the
    permission they need and i know the files are there. When I click search it
    doesn't seam to search at all, it displays "no results to display" at once.
    When I go locally on the server that the SAN is connected to it and search,
    I get results but all the users lose the connection to the SAN.
    The SAN is a Nexsan ATAboy2f and is connected to a Windows 2000 server by a
    2Gbit fibre cable. I have updated the firmware.
    Any thoughts??

    Brgs
    Martin

    • Re: How does authentication work?
      ... I can only guess as to the authentication. ... I have no idea how the SAN shares are setup and do ... The connection does not drop every day and it is hard to tell when it occurs ... Our application server has 10 drive mappings. ...
    • Server 2003 mapped drive disconnects from SAN
      ... with SAN shared drives. ... The mapped drives periodically disconnect from the shares and cannot be ... I know that Server 2003 SP1+ no longer caches credentials when you map using ... I suspect that when the connection is first established and the credentials ...
    • Re: GB Switch Connection
      ... switches which support spanning tree protocol. ... A gige link should be more htan enough for 60 clients hitting a file server. ... > We have some servers now connected to SW16, including the SAN file server ... > drawing), the GB connection has to be divided by the switch chains, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
    • Re: Boot from FC SAN problem
      ... I have HP blade serwers with Adaptec SAN attached to it. ... The problem with booting from SAN is when one blade server ... frist server connection to SAN. ...
      (comp.arch.storage)
    • Re: Multi-Channel Raid VS SAN Storage
      ... A 5~6 years old server is a very old server. ... As I mentioned, the server is one node in a cluster environment, and SQL is ... We actually are running RAID 1+0 and our aplication is definately more ... needs it's own SAN device, or at least a dedicated IO channel on the SAN. ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)