RE: Filtering DHCP Assignments by MAC Address

From: Jonathan R. Thompson (jthompso_at_mbvlab.wpafb.af.mil)
Date: 06/23/03

    To: larobins@bellatlantic.net
    Date: 23 Jun 2003 12:27:30 -0400

    Why can't you just maintain some type of IA database with the relevant
    info and use perl or something to pull it out and feed it into the DHCP
    server? We use an oracle database with a view that creates all of the
    encessary netsh dommands to add the hosts to the individual scopes. We
    have a separate config file that builds the server with options and
    superscope and then another batch job that just runs a bat file(created
    by the sql query) to slam the hosts into the MS DHCP server. BTW, we
    have found alot of limitations with the MS API's regarding DHCP so much
    so that they barf after 500 hosts (that's an enterprise system).

    Jon