RE: Filtering DHCP Assignments by MAC Address

From: Jonathan R. Thompson (jthompso_at_mbvlab.wpafb.af.mil)
Date: 06/23/03

    To: larobins@bellatlantic.net
    Date: 23 Jun 2003 12:27:30 -0400

    Why can't you just maintain some type of IA database with the relevant
    info and use perl or something to pull it out and feed it into the DHCP
    server? We use an oracle database with a view that creates all of the
    encessary netsh dommands to add the hosts to the individual scopes. We
    have a separate config file that builds the server with options and
    superscope and then another batch job that just runs a bat file(created
    by the sql query) to slam the hosts into the MS DHCP server. BTW, we
    have found alot of limitations with the MS API's regarding DHCP so much
    so that they barf after 500 hosts (that's an enterprise system).

    Jon
    On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 06:02, Laura A. Robinson wrote:
    > Check out CheckPoint's MetaIP.
    > http://www.checkpoint.com/products/manage/metaip_services.html
    >
    > Advantage: does what you're asking for without requiring you to create
    > reservations for every MAC on your network.
    > Disadvantage: pricey
    >
    > Laura

    • Re: DHCP Not working properly
      ... It depends on how you use your server. ... they're part of the base operating system (as with DHCP). ... You mentioned "you may want to make sure the old database is gone before ... These two machines will not pick up a DHCP address from the server. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: DHCP Errors every hour? Looks serious!
      ... allow Indexing Service to index this folder" ... Antivirus software real-time scan the DHCP folder. ... Reinstall DHCP Services on the SBS server. ... | the DHCP database resides. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: ESENT Logging
      ... DHCP except from the console. ... SBS server 2003 has a backup job that will ... 145881 How to Use Jetpack.exe to Compact a WINS or DHCP Database ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: DHCP Not working properly
      ... Is you server antivirus scanning the DHCP database (either through a real ... These two machines will not pick up a DHCP address from the server. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: 75 second delay accessing a proprietary (unknown) medical database
      ... gather its settings from the dhcp server. ... network settings then you could investigating what exactly is different ... extensions of large files in the database folder. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)