Article Announcement

From: Marc Fossi (mfossi_at_securityfocus.com)
Date: 06/11/03

    Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:58:35 -0600 (MDT)
    To: Focus-MS <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    Rather than send three separate messages, I thought I'd just bundle this
    into one.

    Effects of Worms on Internet Routing Stability
    By Ido Dubrawsky

    This article discusses the impact of worms on Internet endpoints and
    infrastructure, as well as their impact on global routing instability
    throughout the Internet.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1702

    The Enemy Within: Firewalls and Backdoors
    By Bob Rudis and Phil Kostenbader

    This article presents an overview of modern backdoor techniques, discusses
    how they can be used to bypass network firewalls.

    http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1702

    Adding Security to the Cert
    By Tim Mullen

    Shiftless third-party prep courses have made MCSE certification less
    valuable. Is Microsoft's new security cert doomed to the same fate?

    http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/166

    Marc Fossi
    Symantec Corp.
    www.symantec.com

    • SecurityFocus Article Announcements (3)
      ... Effects of Worms on Internet Routing Stability ... This article presents an overview of modern backdoor techniques, ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: Can a Computer full of spyware ever be cleaned 100%
      ... Windows XP: Surviving the First Day ... SANS Institute Internet Storm Center ... risking exposure and infection. ... with the dilemma of being infected by these worms before being able ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: How can I disable network (type 3) Logon
      ... As you say - A can of worms - ... A correctly configured firewall should protect you from internet ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Limiting Disck Cache
      ... After seeing all the viruses, trojan horses, worms and Reply ... mails from stupidly-configured anti-virus software that's been ... hurled upon the internet for the last 3 years, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: we have AI?
      ... Virus creators send their worms to take over PCs on the internet. ... Baen Free Online SciFi: ...
      (rec.arts.sf.written)