RE: Share Point?

From: Brian W. Spolarich (bspolarich_at_nephrostherapeutics.com)
Date: 05/09/03

    Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 17:05:03 -0400
    To: "Corey Flood" <cflood@bigcityfunding.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    Corey Flood wrote:
    > I have Share Point Team Services set up on our domain as an
    > intra/extranet and the users are not local on my
    > configuration. I used
    > the option second option to use domain authentication....so the user's
    > name is domainname\username and it uses the information such as
    > password and actual name...I dont know what port it uses to
    > authenticate to the AD Server.

      I would imagine that SharePoint, through IIS, would be authenticating via Kerberos to UDP and TCP ports 88.

      -bws

    FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry`s most
    recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive
    prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization
    of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance
    to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
    Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-focus-ms

    • Re: [ok] [Full-Disclosure] RE: [Full-Disclosure]MS should re-write code with security in mind
      ... almost all Windows users demand backward compatibility. ... > security upgrades available on MS's site. ... > and authenticate all mail transfer. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Security Logging in ADAM
      ... How does an anonymous login authenticate anyone? ... If a bind was performed against ADAM, there should be a matching audit event ... in the security event log on the ADAM machine assuming that logon events are ...
    • Re: IAS & Fully-Qualified-User-Name
      ... Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MS MVP - Security, MCSE -= F1 is the key =- "Bryan Hunt" wrote in message ... > Logon Failure: ... > Caller User Name: MANAGE1$ ... >>> None of them will authenticate the user. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Re: NTLM authentication
      ... If I authenticate as I did againt ADAM with their login/pwd, ... Clear the Security EventLog and watch the security events after each bind. ... Note that this can' be done on NT4, so you can only watch the local logon attempts. ... Now, use the "domain\\user" syntax for the username in your DirectoryEntry constructor, where domain is your logon domain and user a domain account. ...
    • RE: p2p and ISA
      ... allow the user to install the application. ... > recognized corporate security certification track, ... This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, ... For a limited time you can enter ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)