RE: Share Point?

From: Brian W. Spolarich (bspolarich_at_nephrostherapeutics.com)
Date: 05/09/03

    Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 17:05:03 -0400
    To: "Corey Flood" <cflood@bigcityfunding.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    Corey Flood wrote:
    > I have Share Point Team Services set up on our domain as an
    > intra/extranet and the users are not local on my
    > configuration. I used
    > the option second option to use domain authentication....so the user's
    > name is domainname\username and it uses the information such as
    > password and actual name...I dont know what port it uses to
    > authenticate to the AD Server.

      I would imagine that SharePoint, through IIS, would be authenticating via Kerberos to UDP and TCP ports 88.

      -bws

    FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry`s most
    recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive
    prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization
    of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance
    to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
    Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-focus-ms