RE: Timbuktu, etc.

From: Jamey Maze (jamey_at_hush.com)
Date: 05/09/03

    Date: Fri,  9 May 2003 11:56:15 -0700
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    Thanks to everyone who replied. Was interesting that Netopia says they
    "dynamically scrambles and encodes keyboard and mouse data". I'm guessing
    we should not assume that to be encryption.

    I ended up looking at Microsoft's Windows Terminal Services (WTS) and
    found that it does encrypt the data using 56 or 128-bit RC4 encryption.
    And on Windows 2000 you can install WTS in "remote administration mode",
     which lets you have up to 2 simultaneous sessions without needing to
    purchase any licenses. I tried it and it seems to work pretty well. For
    more info, see:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/docs/TSRemote.doc
    http://nsa1.www.conxion.com/win2k/guides/w2k-19.pdf

    FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry`s most
    recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive
    prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization
    of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance
    to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
    Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-focus-ms