RE: Timbuktu, etc.

From: Jamey Maze (jamey_at_hush.com)
Date: 05/09/03

    Date: Fri,  9 May 2003 11:56:15 -0700
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

    Thanks to everyone who replied. Was interesting that Netopia says they
    "dynamically scrambles and encodes keyboard and mouse data". I'm guessing
    we should not assume that to be encryption.

    I ended up looking at Microsoft's Windows Terminal Services (WTS) and
    found that it does encrypt the data using 56 or 128-bit RC4 encryption.
    And on Windows 2000 you can install WTS in "remote administration mode",
     which lets you have up to 2 simultaneous sessions without needing to
    purchase any licenses. I tried it and it seems to work pretty well. For
    more info, see:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/docs/TSRemote.doc
    http://nsa1.www.conxion.com/win2k/guides/w2k-19.pdf

    FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry`s most
    recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive
    prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case studies and true hands-on utilization
    of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance
    to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
    Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-focus-ms

    • CryptoSurvey -- Results ..
      ... Many same or similar behavioral barriers for the ... effective utilization of many security solutions still exist limiting ... applications of encryption technologies currently in commercial ... Many people do not care about cryptography and/or security products ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • CryptoSurvey -- Results ..
      ... Many same or similar behavioral barriers for the ... effective utilization of many security solutions still exist limiting ... applications of encryption technologies currently in commercial ... Many people do not care about cryptography and/or security products ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: OT - Kuwait
      ... > One place where I agree with you is that the scope of government intrusion ... > into the private matters of Americans is much greater than most Americans ... >>> strict security procedures to prevent unauthorized release of the keys. ... >> Feds Want to Control Encryption ...
      (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)
    • Re: OT - Kuwait
      ... Making the case for encryption standards that would allow the Feds to ... One place where I agree with you is that the scope of government intrusion ... into the private matters of Americans is much greater than most Americans ... >> strict security procedures to prevent unauthorized release of the keys. ...
      (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)
    • Re: National Security Backdoor in telnetd - all versions.
      ... >>against the Secret Service for their violations of civil rights. ... encryption techniques to protect critical resources. ... plants have absolutely horrid security resulting from these stupidities. ... Of course I doubt you have an NDA with the government - so ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)