Auditing a reboot

From: Hillensbeck, Preston (PHillensbeck@sfbcic.com)
Date: 04/21/03

    From: "Hillensbeck, Preston" <PHillensbeck@sfbcic.com>
    To: "'focus-ms@securityfocus.com'" <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:13:53 -0500

    How would you go about auditing when a machine is rebooted, domain wise? I
    have looked high and low for an answer, and I can't seem to find one. This
    is a Windows 2000 question, and I am running Active Directory. I have tried
    auditing system events, both successes and failures, but cannot get event
    viewer to spit out the right information. Thanks in advance.

    Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the
    world's premier event for IT and network security experts. The two-day
    Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals.
    The two-day Briefings on May 14-15 features 24 top speakers with no vendor
    sales pitches. Deadline for the best rates is April 25. Register today to
    ensure your place. http://www.securityfocus.com/BlackHat-focus-ms

    • Re: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ... Register today to ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... However, CheckPoint has one little ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • RE: interoperability of VPN checkpoint FW1 to ISA
      ... If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Focus-Microsoft)
    • Re: Zenworks
      ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... world's premier event for IT and network security experts. ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • RE: Log on the domain
      ... whether a given user account can be used from the "console" keyboard ... Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Europe, May 12-15 in Amsterdam, the ... Training features 6 hand-on courses on May 12-13 taught by professionals. ...
      (Security-Basics)