Re: How to generate a report of inactive domain user accounts

From: Tony Gordon (tony.gordon@hewitt.com)
Date: 04/12/03

    To: Brian E <brian_anon@hotmail.com>
    From: "Tony Gordon" <tony.gordon@hewitt.com>
    Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:00:43 -0500

    It might be easier to key off of lastpasswordchange then last logon time,
    especially taking into account your other requirement (only deal with
    accounts that have expiring pwd). I think this attribute is replicated
    across DC's while last logon is specific to each DC.

    Thank you, Tony.
    Tony Gordon, Windows 2000 MCSE
    tony.gordon@hewitt.com
    Windows Server Infrastructure
    Phone: 847.295.5000 x14534
    Fax: 847.295.8877
    Hewitt Associates

    Brian E <brian_anon@hotmail.com>
    04/11/2003 06:55 AM

            To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
            cc:
            Subject: How to generate a report of inactive domain user accounts

    Can anyone provide some suggestions or list of tools available to generate

    a report of inactive domain user accounts within an OU?

    We're using Active Directory with Windows 2000 and have OU's defined for

    different groups of users. I'd like to generate the report by OU.

    We also have multiple domain controllers (I've had issues with "last true

    logon" in the past). I would like a list of user who have not logged in

    within X days (preferably 90 days, but I'd like to modify this threshold).

    Criteria for an inactive account:

    -Not logged on for X days (X will be provided at time of generating the

    report)

    -Not disabled

    -Password is set to expire

    Regard,

    Brian

    brian_anon@hotmail.com

    Block Spam, Smut & Viruses
    SurfControl E-mail Filter for SMTP & Exchange leverages multiple layers of
    technology including filtering embedded and attached file content. Rid
    your
    enterprise of unwanted content.
    http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-focus-ms2
    Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free
    technical support.