SUS server

From: mhunt (mhunt@hotpop.com)
Date: 04/05/03

    From: "mhunt" <mhunt@hotpop.com>
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 17:00:45 -0600

    I have configured a test SUS server. It downloads the patches fine, but
    I can't seem to get the client to connect and download patches. I set
    Windows Update in the Group Policy to "enable", and set it to the server
    "http://peter" (the name of the test SUS server). How do I know if it
    is actually connecting to it? It doesn't mention Thomas (this computer)
    connecting to it in the SUS log, but it does say that it successfully
    d/led the patches to Peter. How do I check? When I go to "windows
    update" in the Start menu that just connects me to Microsoft's page...

    Get serious about enterprise anti-spam management.
    SurfControl E-mail Filter for SMTP & Exchange
    leverages multiple layers of technology to defeat
    spam with accuracy. Download a free 30-day trial:
    http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-focus-ms

    • RE: [SLE] Not So Fast: Linux on the Desktop
      ... the patches before connecting to the internet, but you can't download the ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Problems with Automatic Updates - Help !!!
      ... >> Windows Update to go and download the patches with Admin Powered ID, ... Wrong John Doe. ... away from open flames, naked flames and old flames; avoid inhaling fumes; ...
      (alt.os.windows-xp)
    • Re: Patch clusters
      ... Is there a link to a cluster of the free patches, ... I installed Sol 10 on a system, registered it, and then ran smpatch ... it hangs during download but it's not uncommon. ... The connections I am using are what I would consider to be very reliable: ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • Re: Patch clusters
      ... Is there a link to a cluster of the free patches, ... I installed Sol 10 on a system, registered it, and then ran smpatch ... it hangs during download but it's not uncommon. ... The connections I am using are what I would consider to be very reliable: ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • Re: THIS BLASTED WORM!!
      ... The patches were not defective. ... > I was infected by the blaster worm and I have religiously ... And after I would download the patch, ... > getting update reminders to download updates that I had ...