RE: User rights on Terminal Services

From: Jay Lagorio (jay@lagorio.net)
Date: 03/06/03

    Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:30:28 -0500
    From: "Jay Lagorio" <jay@lagorio.net>
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

    To see what application uses what parts of the registry (and when),
    System Internals (http://www.sysinternals.com/) has a tracer that I
    swear by, along with a network stack and file system monitor to back it
    up.

    Your ActiveX situation reminds me of one I have whenever I want a
    standard IUSR_MACHINENAME user in an ASP page to use one of my ActiveX
    DLLs. You'll need to find the OCX and DLL files that the application
    uses and assign read ACLs on them for the user or group. They're most
    likely located in the %root$\Winnt\System32 folder, but being a custom
    app, they could be anywhere else.

    --Jay Lagorio, MCP
    http://www.lagorio.net/