Re: Unhappy face icon on NT 4 workstation

From: Knud Erik Højgaard (kain@ircop.dk)
Date: 02/13/03

    From: Knud Erik Højgaard <kain@ircop.dk>
    To: "Sopatyk, Donna" <donna.sopatyk@eds.com>, <focus-ms@lists.securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:29:51 +0100

    Sopatyk, Donna wrote:
    [snip]
    > When I was checking things out, I
    > noticed that "my computer" icon was like a yellow unhappy face. I've
    > never seen that before. When I placed my cursor over it, it changed
    > to a different icon...but no the hardware drive that it usually looks
    > like. After I rebooted, it went back to normal. Hasn't happened
    > since.
    [snip]

    I've had weird stuff happen to my test-computer, including icons being
    replaced all of a sudden. A run with the 'repair icons' functikn of tweakui
    usually manages to keep them normal for some time.

    Do a quick search for .ico and/or .exe files and look at the icons, you
    might find your smiling friend there.

    --
    Knud