Re: Unhappy face icon on NT 4 workstation

From: Knud Erik Højgaard (kain@ircop.dk)
Date: 02/13/03

    From: Knud Erik Højgaard <kain@ircop.dk>
    To: "Sopatyk, Donna" <donna.sopatyk@eds.com>, <focus-ms@lists.securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:29:51 +0100

    Sopatyk, Donna wrote:
    [snip]
    > When I was checking things out, I
    > noticed that "my computer" icon was like a yellow unhappy face. I've
    > never seen that before. When I placed my cursor over it, it changed
    > to a different icon...but no the hardware drive that it usually looks
    > like. After I rebooted, it went back to normal. Hasn't happened
    > since.
    [snip]

    I've had weird stuff happen to my test-computer, including icons being
    replaced all of a sudden. A run with the 'repair icons' functikn of tweakui
    usually manages to keep them normal for some time.

    Do a quick search for .ico and/or .exe files and look at the icons, you
    might find your smiling friend there.

    --
    Knud

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Finder putting icons in the wrong place
      ... I'll do the surgery tonight and then see how the machine behaves over ... I've been using OS X since the Public Beta in 2000 and have never experienced any behaviour with icons like this. ... Does it happen when 'Snap to Grid' or 'Sort by Kind' is enabled in Finder View Options? ...
      (uk.comp.sys.mac)
    • Re: Sort by size no longer working.
      ... icons. ... displayed in the default alphanumerical sort. ... alphanumerical order. ...
      (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
    • Re: New mail icon no longer pops up.
      ... > that pops-up above the time. ... > the Notif. ... Area because it happens to other icons of which ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Here I am
      ... 118 icons on mine, not including the quick launch taskbar ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)
    • Re: Disappearing icons?
      ... I am running the new Vista OS, and in my start menu, the icons are ... gradually disappearing. ... SNIP LEFT THE IMORTANT PARTS ...