Re: Unknown Windows 2000 files?

From: Adam H.Pendleton (fmonkey@fmonkey.net)
Date: 02/05/03

    Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:03:28 -0500
    To: H C <keydet89@yahoo.com>
    From: Adam H.Pendleton <fmonkey@fmonkey.net>

    Is this a possibility?

    http://www.networkcomputing.com/1314/1314sp4.html?ls=TW_082102_fea

    On Monday, Feb 3, 2003, at 13:27 US/Eastern, H C wrote:

    >> When I get more information on bmss.exe, it tells me
    >> that it is
    >> the "BMonitor Session Manager" from Microsoft. I
    >> have searched Microsoft,
    >>
    >> Google, AntiOnline and others with no results.
    >
    > What did you do to get "more information" from the
    > files?
    >
    >> The bmss.exe has opened a port on my server and I am
    >> curious as to what
    >> these files are used for and if I can safely remove
    >> them from my servers.
    >
    > What port did it open?
    >
    > Some (free) tools you'll likely want to run on these
    > files include:
    > depends.exe (dependencywalker.com)
    > strings.exe (SysInternals)
    > finfo.pl (http://patriot.net/~carvdawg/perl.html)
    >
    > Of course, this is after things like full, MAC times,
    > Reg key entries, etc, have all been recorded.
    >
    > Drop me a line if you want assistance...or if you're
    > willing to zip the files up and email them to me.

    > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Error message 0x800CCC0f
      ... My AT&T/Yahoo port 465/SSL setting works fine. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... I got a hold of a tech from AT&T Yahoo ... Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
    • Re: Error message 0x800CCC0f
      ... I got a hold of a tech from AT&T Yahoo ... patch to fix port 465 I didn't find one. ... originally reported and still can't send e-mails from Windows Mail. ... Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
    • Re: Freecycle leads to Yahoo email woes
      ... to get a Yahoo Account ID plus Password plus email address. ... From memory it involved reasonably standard pop and smtp server names ... but SSL port numbers. ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)
    • Re: Error message 0x800CCC0f
      ... You're getting that error message because you've got the SSL option ... port number from 995 to 587. ... Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: ... Your reccomended Yahoo! ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
    • Re: Error message 0x800CCC0f
      ... port number from 995 to 587. ... Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Server: ... Your reccomended Yahoo! ... Example of Error 521 message that stops outging mail from Windows Mail: ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)