IIS 5.0 and Digest Authentication

From: Sarbjit Singh Gill (ssgill@gilltechnologies.com)
Date: 01/27/03

    From: "Sarbjit Singh Gill" <ssgill@gilltechnologies.com>
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:53:51 +0800

    Greetings,

    Just wanted to enquire the following:

    On IIS5.0, on a DC(win2k), if we right click the properties of web
    page/virtual directory using Internet Service Manager, under the security,
    the digest authentication is sometimes greyed out. We may be in native/mixed
    mode does not matter.

    If you go and set for any one user properties 'store passwd in reversible
    encryption' the digest
    authentication option may get highlighted. Actually, this is also not true
    all the times, as I have
    noticed, this security option is on/off from machine to machine i.e DC to
    DC.

    Kind Regards
    Gill