RE: Win2k log management

From: Rickards, Trevor ERM (TRickards@serm.gov.sk.ca)
Date: 01/27/03

    From: "Rickards, Trevor ERM" <TRickards@serm.gov.sk.ca>
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:41:45 -0600

    As long as you have administrative rights on the box, you can view the event
    viewer remotely. When you open the event viewer it has a folder which says
    "Event Viewer (local)" You can right click on this and choose "Connect to
    another computer..." which allows you to view/manage the event logs
    remotely.

    As you only have 30 machines to manage, I would probably skip using the
    event viewer and build yourself a custom MMC console with one event viewer
    for each machine, so you can just open one thing up and see all of the
    machines at once.

    Trevor.