Re: Win2k log management

From: Daniel Peterson (dsp@gvea.COM)
Date: 01/24/03

    From: "Daniel Peterson" <dsp@gvea.COM>
    To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:16:07 -0900

    The admin here before me purchased EventReader
    (http://www.windows-event-log.com/eventrd/) to gather logs to a database,
    and then view them through a custom written web front end. It works for the
    most part, but only seems to grab from one server at a time. It's not a
    real time view though, just snaps once a day. Useful for looking through
    logs for anything wacky, and archiving for historical purposes. It's got a
    free trial period, if you want to look at it.

    You could also just roll your own, using tools from the resource kit, if you
    want to put the time into it.