Re: How to kill OL2000 ability to render html mail

From: Stephane Moulec (
Date: 12/20/02

    Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:10:24 -0500
    From: Stephane Moulec <>

    I have used a shareware that would let you do that:

    The add-in also gives you granular control over which attachment you
    want to add to / remove from the "level 1 attachments list" (blocked by

    Stephane Moulec.

    Jeffrey R Eaves wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am looking for a way to prevent Outlook 2000 rendering html
    > email.
    > I don't want to block it, just prevent Outlook from sucking
    > a billion bytes of crap from the internet just to render some
    > piece of spam (IMHO all html mail is spam ;) ).
    > I don't care if all you see is the original html code, however
    > unreadable that might be.
    > A side issue is to further prevent any active content.
    > Outlook is fully patched & locked down as far as I can get it.
    > Does anyone know of a registry hack/add in tool that can make
    > this happen? Or is this a mail server issue requiring server
    > based fixes?
    > Changing to another email client is not an option as the LAN
    > is based on Exchange, and the calendar/collaborative functions
    > are needed.
    > TIA

    Stephane Moulec
    Network Systems Manager
    Cuisine Solutions

    Relevant Pages

    • Contact List Wont Update
      ... Windows XP Pro is the OS, Outlook 2002 Is the email client and we are using Exchange 2000 for the mail server ...
    • Re: POP3/SMTP Problems
      ... Your username or password is entered incorrect in your email client. ... > server from home. ... > as both incoming & outgoing server addresses on Outlook exp. ... > There was a problem logging onto your mail server. ...
    • Re: Got Aol: Want to use Outlook
      ... If you're trying to use Outlook, OE, or ANY non-AOL email client with AOL ... > How do I locate my server URL, my incoming mail server, ...
    • Re: Message has frozen Outlook Express and OS 9.1
      ... Outlook Express 5.0 program, went online and downloaded it again. ... You may have to telnet to the POP3 mail server and delete the offending ... +OK x messages in folder Inbox -bla bla bla ... untick the Preview Pane option as soon as the application launches. ...
    • Unable to reach POP server
      ... My boss has been having trouble checking email while out of the office. ... clients currently POP their mailbox using the Outlook 2000 client with the ... create internal DNS records for our mail server with the same name we use ... connecting to the internet, and launching Outlook. ...