re: Unknown Workgroup in Network Neighborhood

From: gary_palmer@attbi.com
Date: 11/18/02

    From: gary_palmer@attbi.com
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:33:03 +0000

    Thanks to all for your responses. I was able to track this down by looking in
    DHCP for machine names that I didn't recognize, and then doing portscan and
    netbios scans on those machines. We're a small enough organization that I
    could easily identify 3 machines I didn't know about. It turned out not to be
    a problem--just a consultant with a very poorly chosen workgroup name.

    Thanks again.

    Gary

    --
    gary_palmer@attbi.com