re: Unknown Workgroup in Network Neighborhood

From: gary_palmer@attbi.com
Date: 11/18/02

    From: gary_palmer@attbi.com
    To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:33:03 +0000

    Thanks to all for your responses. I was able to track this down by looking in
    DHCP for machine names that I didn't recognize, and then doing portscan and
    netbios scans on those machines. We're a small enough organization that I
    could easily identify 3 machines I didn't know about. It turned out not to be
    a problem--just a consultant with a very poorly chosen workgroup name.

    Thanks again.

    Gary

    --
    gary_palmer@attbi.com

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: to Brent Allsop: Concering a laymans view of qualia.
      ... responses are what I would expect from a computer running ... "Qualia" I can only assume you don't have them. ... and our lives will be filled with such machines within only a few ... that has been keeping all this flat-earth-like nonsense alive these past ...
      (comp.ai.philosophy)
    • "ping -a" does not resolve hostnames in XP Pro
      ... found a few articles on this subject, but they had very few responses. ... The responses only stated "check your DNS settings" or something ... We just installed several new XP machines on our network (the first XP ...
    • Re: LAN scan
      ... I want to scan a subnet of 192.168.0.* and see what machines are running this service. ... I'm basically spawning about 255 threads that each attempt to make a TCP connection to 192.168.0.whatever. ... main loop along these lines ... The loop would end once all responses had been received or had timed ...
      (comp.programming)
    • SUMMARY 2: SunPCi3 Card on older hardware
      ... More on the subject of whether the SunPCi3 can be used in Ultra 5/10 ... I've had a number of additional responses on this topic, ... won't work in anything else," or, "We only tested it on these machines, ... E-450 and Blade 100. ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: Craigslist Pinball Fag(s)
      ... if you want to buy a pin why dont you buy one of the 80 machines already ... Of course I did not receive any responses but from the people ...
      (rec.games.pinball)