Updated Patches with SUS.

From: Mikael Andersson (mikael.andersson@direkt.se)
Date: 10/14/02

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:58:22 +0200
From: "Mikael Andersson" <mikael.andersson@direkt.se>

When I was to approve new updates this morning in the Software Update
Services i noticed that i have recived 24 new updated patches this
weekend. Some of this patches was originally release in year 2000.
Can anyone explain what updates Microsoft have done in this patches?

Here are som examples of patches updated this weekend:
MS00-043, MS00-045, MS00-046, MS00-098, MS01-017, Q309521, Q317277,
MS01-056, MS01-029, MS02-013, MS02-012, MS02-006, Q324380, Q315403...

Mikael Andersson, System Administrator, Nyhetsbyrån Direkt AB
Email: mikael.andersson@direkt.se Web: http://www.direkt.se

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New install of winxp home.....
    ... Download the SP2 and all subsequent patches on another already secured ... Turn on "Automatic Updates" and create the following registry key to be ... If you are going to use Internet Explorer and Outlook Express: ...
  • Re: Reinstalling windows update v4
    ... Why do I need any version of Windows Updates in order to get updates? ... am 4 driver updates above the ones offered. ... critical patches which were confirmed as failed by Baseline Analyzer, ... I will but the scanner is not compatible with XP itself. ...
  • 2.6.21-mm2
    ... A handful of IDE patches were dropped due to compilation failures. ... See the `hot-fixes' directory for any important updates to this patchset. ... If you hit a bug in -mm and it is not obvious which patch caused it, ... sunrpc fix ...
  • Re: No destination drive when trying to burn a DVD
    ... mem, all updates, last month I did a BU of my system using Nero 6 ... SP3 and all current patches and their DVD/CD burning has not been ... Install your CD/DVD burning software. ... back to the same point you were before and troubleshoot with the ...
  • Re: IE patches killed internet connection
    ... Why did you only install three patches when Automatic Updates would have offered you 9 of them? ... In your case, I'd go to Windows Update and choose Custom Install, and then install all patches offered except for SP2. ... Something odd seems to have happened on OCT 12 - I thought that I had downloaded 896688, but something failed, because that security patch is not on my machine. ...