Authentication problems using VPN on MS ISA

From: Fabian Aubrey (faubrey@gicnet.ca)
Date: 09/11/02

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:52:05 -0400
From: "Fabian Aubrey" <faubrey@gicnet.ca>
To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>

Authentication problems using VPN on MS ISA:

We are having difficulty establishing a VPN connection thru MS ISA. We receive error 691 (authentication) from the server at each connection attempt. The login we are using is correct however, something seems to be happening at the ISA level that rejects that login. All parameters have been verified as per Microsoft Q docs but to no avail. Can anyone shed any light as to what ISA might be doing to the VPN connection as it seems that we are contacting the server but just sending garbage as auth.

Thank You
Fabian