Re: Thanks and a follow-up question on private keys

From: bkml (bkml@att.net)
Date: 09/11/02

From: "bkml" <bkml@att.net>
To: "Phil Pinder" <fp56@dial.pipex.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:45:17 -0500

Phil,

Any private keys and certificates that you have installed for use by the
Windows CryptoAPI should be in your Certificate Store, and therefore your
account profile. Exceptions would be private keys stored on smart cards
(where the private key is never on the computer) and third-party
applications that maintain private keys in some other type of credential
store.

----
Bruce K. Marshall - bruce_marshall@ins.com
International Network Services (INS) - Kansas City
         "The knowledge behind the network."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Pinder" <fp56@dial.pipex.com> To: <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>; <Fred.Langston@guardent.com>; <bkml@att.net> Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 1:21 PM Subject: Thanks and a follow-up question on private keys