RE: Internet Explore lock up software!

From: Tyler Davis (tdavis@sonicdev.com)
Date: 08/26/02

From: "Tyler Davis" <tdavis@sonicdev.com>
To: "'Andy Pham'" <apham@rejuvenation.com>, <focus-ms@securityfocus.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:12:04 -0500

This program will do what you want: http://www.mybestsoft.com/iesec/

- Tyler

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Pham [mailto:apham@rejuvenation.com]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 12:42 PM
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com
Subject: Internet Explore lock up software!

Hi:

I'm running into a problem with the end users keep changing the Security

setting on MSIE. Whatever security I try to turn on in IE, they will
turn them back to the default setting. And this is frustrating.

My question is, do you guys know of any third party software that allow

me to lock all access to the security setting in IE? Or are there some

keys in the registry allow me to do this? Thanks.

AP

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Vulnerability Disclosure Debate
    ... You see, with a lock, the primary purpose of it is ... or of other requirements than personal security. ... there is only one vendor that I'm aware of that can do that -- Microsoft ... code for every vulnerability eliminates the notion of difficulty to exploit, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Vulnerability Disclosure Debate
    ... You see, with a lock, the primary purpose of it is ... or of other requirements than personal security. ... there is only one vendor that I'm aware of that can do that -- Microsoft ... code for every vulnerability eliminates the notion of difficulty to exploit, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Registry changes do not stick
    ... If you are using Spybot - Search & Destroy ... ZoneAlarm and other programs can also LOCK the homepage. ... Or check these registry settings... ... Internet Explorer\Control Panel ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: PDS Lock
    ... using your Security product ... Re: PDS Lock ... Standard Life plc, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • [NT] File Locking and Security (Group Policy DoS on Windows 2000 Domains)
    (Securiteam)