Outlook2000-Security-Settings

From: Windows NT (winntforum@yahoo.com)
Date: 08/21/02

Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 02:44:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Windows NT <winntforum@yahoo.com>
To: focus-ms@securityfocus.com

hi

in outlook 2000 are some security-settings. in outlook
2000 menu tools/options/security the user can change
the zone-settings from the internet explorer and
change zone outlook is running in.

with the outlook e-mail-security-patch the zone
outlook is running in is the "restricted sites". we
also made an policy whitch sets the zone to the
"restriced sites" every time the user logs on to the
domain. but after that the user can change the zone to
the "internet" and thats a security-risk for all the
html-mail.

does someone know how to prevent that the user can
change the zone outlook is running in?

thanks

bob

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New forest Campsite POI ?
    ... > I use Outlook Express and when I click on the above URL nothing happens. ... > have to copy and paste it into the address bar of Internet Explorer. ... If you have it set to 'Restricted Sites ... Zone' it might be this causing the problem. ...
    (uk.rec.caravanning)
  • Re: Outlook Appointments off by 1 Hour on some Users Outlook Calen
    ... Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ... double check but I am almost positive the users have the windows Time Zone ... > I have some users that have SOME appointments (both recurring and> single ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring)
  • Re: Outlook calendar and Time Zone
    ... Outlook was set right so when it brought in the ... I set the time zone in SharePoint to the ... > SharePoint calendar takes the server time; ... > WSS FAQ http://wss.collutions.com ...
  • Re: Calendar time shift on WM5 - 6.1 when changing time zones
    ... You live in London and work for a UK-based company. ... This is the way international calendars work, and Outlook (as well as Pocket ... are setting the meeting at our time-zone, ... which zone we are setting the meeting. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition)
  • Re: Preview tab not working in OE6 after SP2
    ... >maximum security and then check out your settings at ... What's New for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express ... >> Had to change the Security tab in OE options to the Internet Zone instead ...